Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking an Instore Sales representative for the rental counter at our Warrenton, Virginia facility. This position is responsible for effectively marketing equipment rentals and service to customers. As an Instore Sales representative, you will coordinate all customer walk-in and telephone inquiries and leads. Duties include assisting customers with appropriate equipment applications, quoting prices and availability, making reservations, writing rental agreements, processing credit applications and verifying customers’ insurance coverage. Seeking hard-working, career-minded candidates with demonstrated results in a customer service role. Experience in the equipment rental industry and knowledge of equipment applications a plus. College degree preferred.
- Self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision.
- Exceptional customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build solid relationships required.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and telephone communication skills.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Understand and practice effective sales techniques.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and interest.
- Computer skills are required, including Microsoft products and other applications as needed; able to learn Caterpillar’s “Dealer Business System” (DBS) and related rental software programs.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.