Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking an Assistant in the Sales Dept. of our Ashland, Virginia facility. This position is responsible for performing administrative duties associated with Power Systems Engine Sales projects and general office tasks, including printing, copying, scanning, photographing, data-entry, placing supply orders, tracking orders, managing vendors, etc. Will assist with service and parts departments coordination as needed. Seeking career-minded candidates with strong administrative skills. Previous sales support experience, and college degree a plus.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Able to communicate and network with Carter Machinery personnel throughout the company.
- Strong computer, data-entry and internet skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook experience, required.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.