Butler Machinery is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for North Dakota and South Dakota with 14 locations in North and South Dakota. Butler Ag Equipment has 4 locations in Nebraska. Butler offers Caterpillar products and services to support the construction industry, and is proud to represent many manufacturers including: AGCO, Drago, Challenger, Horsch, Killbros, Balzer and more. Butler is looking for hardworking and dependable Diesel Technicians and Mechanics with a proven safety record. Butler offers clean, safe, state-of-the-art shops, ongoing training, exceptional benefits and long term growth potential.
You will need to bring your “A” Game. Are you up for the challenge? Apply now!
The position will involve but not be limited to the following duties:
- Diagnose and repair all makes and models of truck engines
- Diagnose and repair electrical systems on trucks and trailers
- Repair of truck chassis to include air system, brakes, driveline, lighting, etc.
- Communicate professionally with customers on repairs
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Work overtime as workload dictates
- Work in other areas of shop as assigned
- Travel for work, to other BMC and customer locations
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Complete service reports and parts orders accurately and timely
- Other duties as assigned
Individuals applying for this position should have:
- Two year associates degree in related field preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and an outgoing personality
- Ability to assemble and disassemble components
- Troubleshooting and repair of truck engines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good computer skills
- Ability to meet insurability standards to drive a company vehicle
- CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL
- This shift is a night shift working 3:00PM – 11:30PM