Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking Service Advisor on 1st shift at our Lynchburg, Virginia location. This position is responsible for handling incoming calls, producing quotes and estimates for customers, opening and closing work orders, and helping to direct the day-to-day department work-flow. Seeking candidates who are dedicated self-starters with proven leadership experience. A high mechanical aptitude and background in service operations preferred. College/technical degree, or comparable industry experience, preferred.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong time management/organizational skills.
- Excellent internal and external customer satisfaction skills.
- Able to work efficiently in a hands-on environment.
- Strong PC and administrative skills, with the ability to adapt to changing technology.
- Able to work hours required to meet job and customer demands.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.