Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking an Inside Sales Representative at our Mechanicsville, Virginia location. This position is responsible for developing new accounts as well as re-establishing, qualifying and maintaining contacts with small to medium-sized customers. Key tasks include relationship building and providing sales, parts and service solutions for new and used equipment. Expected results include increase sales of machines, work tools, rentals, parts and service solutions. Daily collaboration and teamwork with other internal sales representatives is expected to develop and deliver solutions for customers. Seeking energetic candidates with a four year undergraduate degree from an accredited college preferred. Significant experience in the heavy equipment industry may also be acceptable. For experienced professionals, demonstrated success in sales, parts, or rental sales is preferred.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Must possess sufficient mechanical aptitude to understand customer equipment opportunities.
- Must be able to use judgment and creativity in applying solutions to customer requirements.
- Able to develop and maintain close working relationships with service management, machine sales representatives and rental sales representatives at locations across our territory in order to quote and sell products and services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively communicate sales, parts, and service solutions over telephone and through technology.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to changing technology.
- Willing to travel and work hours as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.