Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking experienced Field Service Technicians on 2nd shift at our Mechanicsville, Virginia facility. These positions are responsible for diagnosing problems and performing standard mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and power-train repairs on heavy equipment at customer job sites/locations. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge/experience are necessary for these positions. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related heavy equipment service experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical background and troubleshooting skills; able to independently and accurately diagnose and repair equipment.
- Candidates should possess an excellent driving record, and valid Commercial Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain a CDL. Must be able to become DOT certified with DOT Medical Card.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to project a positive professional image with customers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to write service reports that accurately document diagnosis and repairs performed. Must prepare required documentation including work orders, parts lists, and time cards in an accurate and timely manner.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.