Does the idea of being part of an elite team of technicians responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing generators ranging in size from 13kW to 17,000kW sound exciting to you? Carolina CAT is one of longest running Caterpillar dealerships in the United States and we are looking for experienced Generator Technicians & Engineers to join our team of Power Generation specialists. We currently have several opportunities within North Carolina.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshooting operational failures of generator sets, related equipment, such as industrial engines;
- Installation and commissioning of new units;
- Performing both minor and major repairs to the engine or generator or components;
- Mentor other technicians;
- Safely drive a service vehicle;
- Clearly and concisely document all work and repairs completed in a timely manner;
- Reading schematics and diagnosing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing electrical and mechanical problems.
- Installing, servicing and repairing generators, UPS, switchgear, automatic transfer switch, and other related system products. This could include first time (start-up) installations; coordinating with other systems being installed such as multiple generator sets and paralleling switchgear to ensure all related equipment work together properly as a system.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting customer’s electrical and mechanical problems to assure the entire system runs safely and efficiently.
- Understanding the customers’ needs and time constraints and completing scheduled repairs and service safely and within the time constraint identified while providing superior quality workmanship to meet and/or exceed the customer’s expectations.
Education and/or Experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience working with Caterpillar or competitor’s power generation systems.
- The candidate must have a clean driving record and a current driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills and good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English language.
- A sound understanding of electricity and electronics including AC and DC circuits along with basic power generation systems.
- Excellent problem solving, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills with the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures and guidelines.
- A working knowledge of safety rules, laws and regulations concerning engine service, electrical, technical functions of various components and tooling procedures and capabilities.
Location: Charlotte, NC