Job: Carolina CAT - Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician, Carolina CAT, Monroe, NC
Carolina CAT - Heavy Equipment Field Service Technician
Monroe, NC 28110 United States
(see job description below)
The Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of customer equipment in a shop or field environment while maintaining an acceptable level of productivity and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepare for operations
- Works independently with little to no supervision at times.
- Determine the technical or physical status using the on-board computer, service documents and reviewing product improvement and support programs.
- Verify findings, review readings of gauges and procedures and compare to manufactures specs.
- Prepare a plan to correct the problem consulting with co-workers or lead man when necessary.
- Order or obtain from stock or send parts to special service shop to make the appropriate tooling or alterations.
- Install, replace, re-build or repair the parts and/or equipment in a timely manner and according to specifications.
- Test the part or equipment and perform quality check after work is complete.
- Paint components and pressure wash parts and equipment when necessary.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned and maintains company vehicles.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
- Works to ensure departmental compliance with all safety and contamination control guidelines.
- Maintains productivity at predetermined levels.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED
- Successful completion of the level three service technician development program.
- 6+ years in heavy equipment, engine, or electric power generation system mechanic repair.
- Have Knowledge of: Engine and equipment lines sold by the company.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the application, operation, and function of Caterpillar equipment and engines.
- Use and application of all Caterpillar diagnostic tools.
- Electrical and electronic system applications.
- Problem solving techniques and repair options for Caterpillar machines, engines, and components.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?