This position will work to achieve sales and profit goals of parts and service by promoting and selling product support offerings to assigned territory customer base. They will also identify and establish new revenue opportunities within the territory as well as growing the existing customer based accounts via marketing based strategies. This position will also assist PSSRs in tasks such as parts identification, quote maintenance, and scheduling work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage territory through Sales Link to identify market opportunities. Responsible for updating equipment and contact information. Create quotes and manage projects using PSQ and Service Link.
- Maintain and grow customer relationships throughout an assigned territory. Develop business strategies with assistance from Marketing Dept. designed to partner with customers.
- Some after-hours, weekend, on-call services will be required
- Maintains communication between the customer and various product support departments to ensure service work being performed as quoted and scheduled.
- Pursues the critical success factors for the application, distribution, and satisfaction of the customers’ needs for service programs.
- Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with Caterpillar and their field representatives to support the service programs and achieve overall goals.
- Initiates and completes reports and other associated paperwork detailing customer calls, sales activity, commission, etc.
- Develops and updates a customer list for mailings and maintains a customer quote log.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Preferably Five years’ minimum industry experience and one to two years’ sales experience with Power Systems equipment.
- Excellent organizational, influence and negotiation skills.
- Communication skills, including verbal, written, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong customer service and prospecting skills with the ability to approach the sales process creatively and in a professional and consultative manner.
- Leadership skills, including decision making, creative thinking and goal-setting skills.
- Knowledge of the market and the product with the ability to discuss the technical aspects of Power Systems equipment.
- Project management and conflict management skills with a good ability to manage change.
- Interpersonal skills, Including influence and negotiation skills.
- Good problem solving skills and the ability to interpret policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, database systems (DBS) and a basic ability to operate industry specific PC programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.