The primary function of this position is to diagnose the service needed for truck engines/components and perform the necessary service, repairs, replacements, installations, or re-building of parts and to restore the engine to the proper operation with supervision as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promptly, at start of shift, review work schedule, check equipment and supplies required to perform the work scheduled, and prepare for operations.
- Determine the technical service problems of the engine or truck equipment.
- Verify findings, review readings of gauges, meters, and procedures and compare to manufactures specs.
- Prepare a plan to correct the problem consulting with co-workers or lead rep. when necessary.
- Order or obtain necessary parts from stock room.
- Diagnosis and troubleshooting, continued progression in engine disassembly and reassembly, with supervision (higher level classifications require less supervision). Fuel Systems, Diagnostics, and repair with supervision. A large percentage of revenue jobs performed with minimal supervision and with positive productivity.
- Install, replace, repair engine, truck equipment or components in a timely manner and according to specifications with supervision as needed.
- Meet standard jobs expectations for established tasks
- Test the part or equipment and perform quality check after work is complete.
- Pressure wash parts and equipment when necessary.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned.
- At end of shift, secure all equipment and machinery, and complete all required paperwork.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have earned a High School Diploma, or a GED.
- Must read, write, communicate in English as it relates to this job and safety regulations.
- Must be capable of completing and passing ASE Certification
- Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform this job.
- Must be able to perform all job functions safely.
- Must meet the company performance standards for the job.
- Must agree to wear the proper assigned clothes and shoes approved for this job.
- Must have 3 – 6 years of experience in the total truck industries
Location: Asheville, NC