Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and ran by an independent sole President. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King and CASE Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast operating in a dealership business model. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used sales, parts, service and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our CASE dealerships in Portland, OR are seeking Mechanics to join our dynamic company.
Mechanic will perform service maintenance for CASE construction machinery and/or related equipment or components such as engines, transmissions, hydraulic systems, electrical, computer, and structural repairs including welding. Capable of diagnosing, troubleshooting, and providing quality repairs on Construction Equipment mainly within a field environment.
Mechanic will perform repairs under direct service departmental supervision, following established Original Equipment Manufacturing procedures and guidelines. Technicians will demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic, and electric tools. Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and fellow employees.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Highly prefer 3+ years of field mechanical experience.
- Must have 5+ years of mechanical experience in construction equipment or heavy diesel equipment with hydraulic and electrical experience.
- Able to communicate effectively with the customer, supervisor, and fellow employees
- Able to maintain a safe and courteous driving record.
- Must have a valid driver's license, CDL preferred, and clean DVM record.
- Maintain current forklift operator training certification.
- Possess tooling required by the service department.
- Provide customer satisfaction by serving customers in a professional, speedy, and efficient manner.
- Troubleshoot machine breakdowns, diagnosis and provide estimated repairs for customers
- Perform diagnosis, and repairs at Sonsray Machinery service center and at customer job sites.
- Test drive and/or inspect vehicles and equipment for wear, damage, or specific problems that might affect performance.
- Utilize computer diagnostic equipment.
- Provide after-hours technical service.
- Perform factory-recommended preventative maintenance & inspection.
- Ensure guards and safety devices are functioning properly.
- Write clear parts requisitions and service write-ups.
- Perform factory authorized warranty work.
- Enhance service department and organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- The individuals will maintain good attendance and punctuality
Maintain technician billing efficiency of 100% or higher
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by Manager
- Electric diagnosis and troubleshooting, reading diagrams.
- Diesel engines (common rail systems electronics injectors/ Catalytic converter)
- Hydraulic diagnosis and troubleshooting.
- Proficient with light and heavy equipment.
- Customer service oriented
- Track record of diplomas
- Complete set of tools
- Experienced with troubleshooting and proficient maintenance repair of light and heavy construction equipment.
- Able to complete Case Construction level III technician training and achieve 80% competence or higher
In the following macro-areas:
-Electronic Service Tool
-Compact Wheel Loaders
-Tractor Loader Backhoes
- Case compaction equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Anything above 50 pounds will require assistance of a team member or forklift, etc. as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, and equipment.
Benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision plan, life insurance/AD&D coverage, voluntary STD/LTD, 401K matching, and paid vacation, sick, and holiday.