Job: Field Service Technician, Bobcat - South Carolina, Pooler, GA
A complete benefits package including Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, 401k, and paid vacation. Competitive Salary.
This is a field service position, working Monday - Friday from 7:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Must have a good driving record and background check.
Service, repair, recondition and assemble customer and Dealership equipment, new or used. Maintain and operate shop equipment and tools, performing quality work, as quickly and profitably as possible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
Department Responsibilities - Any of the following activities as assigned by the Service Manager:
• Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
• Perform inspections as required.
• Repair, service, recondition, or assembly of equipment.
• Keep accurate, easy-to-read records of work as it is performed.
• Maintain a clean work area including the machine being serviced.
• Check and report any shortages and malfunctions to the Service Manager.
• Maintain and care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
• Complete disassembly and inspection, as quickly as possible, so parts may be ordered early and repair work can be scheduled promptly.
• Notify Service Manager when parts need to be expedited.
• Suggest any additional repairs needed to Service Manager and/or customer.
• Keep shop vehicles clean and serviced.
• Review product bulletins periodically.
• Participate in regular and on-going training as needed, including safety training.
• Stay current with technical changes.
• Supply own hand tools in a neat and professional toolchest.
• Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Administer warranty claim procedures for all machines sold.
• Develop a focus on customer satisfaction and retention of all customers in the Service Department.
• Review customer complaints and solutions with the Service Manager. Eliminate the cause of customer complaints whenever possible.
• Resolve and handle customer complaints in a timely manner.
• Review Customer Satisfaction Reports returned via e-mail through the JD Service Survey program – review any complaints that need to be handled by a visit, phone call, etc., with the Service Manager.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment in the Service Department.
• Develop good working relationships with other departments and other managers within the dealership.
• Maintain Service fleet and make recommendations regarding the purchase of Service vehicles.
• Become familiar with state and federal laws and ensure compliance with USDOT, OSHA, EPA, and EEOC/ADA.
Job Knowledge and Skills
1. Service Technician is effective and efficient in his/her work. Skill in disassembly, assembly and repair of components and machines.
2. Testing and diagnostic skills on all equipment.
3. Performs all service tasks as assigned by the Service Manager or Shop Foreman.
4. Reports any additional work required to the Service Manager. Helps sign up preventive maintenance inspections.
5. Work orders are filled out with model, hours, and serial numbers.
6. Accurate and easy to read records of work performed are written and maintained. Service Technician reports are completed in a timely fashion.
7. Special attention is given to repeat repairs or “comebacks” to correct problems.
8. Only needed parts are ordered in order to complete the job. If there are returns, the parts are clean and resaleable.
9. Looks for more parts and labor opportunities when equipment is in shop.
10. Company and customer assets are safeguarded and preserved.
11. Service Technicians receive regular, on-going training as needed.
12. Supportive of dealership goals and objectives. Helps control expenses. Attends company meetings and functions.
13. Goal oriented. Tactful. Cooperative. Flexible. Meets deadlines. Works well under stress. Shows initiative. Dependable. Doesn’t need supervision. Punctual and reliable.
14. Friendly, positive attitude and professional behavior with customers at all times.
15. Has the ability to resolve customer disagreements.
16. Represents the dealership in a professional manner when in the field or at a customer’s farm.
17. Displays professional phone skills when dealing with customers.
18. Positive business relations exist with internal and external customers.
Ability to work with coworkers
19. Communicates well and professionally with Department Managers.
20. Communicates well and professionally with coworkers.
21. Participates and assists with customer clinics, customer appreciation events, dealership expos, etc.
22. Good coordination and effective working relations exist with other departments. Assistance is provided to other departments as needed.
23. Uniform is neat and clean in appearance.
24. Work area is clean and organized.
Environment: Work is primarily done in a service/shop environment, working on machinery. Work environment will also include regular on-site visits to customers in the field.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
Mathematics Ability: Ability to use basic math skills. Able to perform basic math calculations.
Language Ability: Ability to read professional journals, reports, and service-related documents. Ability to prepare service department reports as needed. Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and dealership personnel.