Carolina CAT Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Rental Sales Rep to be based in Charlotte, NC. The Rental Sales Rep is expected to have extensive consultative sales experience in power generation and air compressor rentals, primarily. Temperature control knowledge is a plus. This position requires knowledge of application design, sizing and installation requirements. A positive and energetic approach is needed to assure success in meeting both the client expectations and those of the Power Systems Team.
The Power Systems Rental Sales Representative is the field contact for customers. Candidates will have the responsibilities of managing job sites, courting new customers, servicing customer accounts, conducting office and job-site calls and securing industrial accounts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Candidate will interface with customer base while building strong and lasting relationships.
- Qualify customer rental potential and determine rental needs, plus maintain customer lists and data.
- Prepare rental quotations, oversee order entry and project manage major rental projects.
- Coordinate with Service Department on rental startups, testing and equipment operation.
- Have market awareness with respect to competition, new technical advances and pricing for comparable products and services.
- Position requires travel and occasional overnight trips.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, engineering degree preferred.
- Qualified candidate has a background in the rental industry with diesel power generation and/or compressed air rental business with a minimum of 2+ years of experience.
- Requires excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license