Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking a Marketing Consultant at our Salem, Virginia corporate headquarters. Employees in this role ensure the successful completion of marketing initiatives to effectively support client business plans.
To succeed in this role, candidates will:
- Assist in the creation, execution and measurement of targeted marketing campaigns that align with client business objectives.
- Serve as marketing point-of-contact for assigned business segments.
- Proactively identify marketing opportunities within assigned business segments and recommend solutions.
- With minimal supervision, execute a range of marketing tactics, including direct mail, email, content development, events, web-based lead generation, and more.
- Track, analyze and compile reporting on campaign performance for client review.
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills Skilled in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to quickly learn preferred web-based tools, including Wrike, Box and Evernote.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in professional marketing environment.
- Self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented.
- Working knowledge of marketing processes and campaign development.
- Previous copy-writing and graphics experience a plus.
- Able to travel and work hours required by job.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.