Our EPG Shop Technician is primarily responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing or replacing parts and components on power generation related systems, generators, engines, transfer switches, UPS and switchgear systems. Also responsible for fuel polishing and load bank testing systems as needed to respond to customer needs in a positive and timely manner.
- Perform all levels of repair and preventive maintenance on power generation assemblies
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, give repair recommendations and make all critical power generator application repairs and adjustments and diagnose, troubleshoot, test and repair UPS and switchgear systems and related engine failures
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components and test and adjust assemblies, conduct generator pre-start and start-ups in accordance with the manufacturer checklist and use resistive load bank equipment for testing and repair of generators
- Must be willing to work overtime as required by fluctuating workloads, available for after-hours calls as needed
Our Ideal Candidate
- Basic mechanical knowledge including mechanical, electrical and hydraulics
- Knowledge around power generator applications and repairs
- Knowledge of hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, diagnostic software, cranes and rigging equipment
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins and other related publications
What will put you ahead:
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Stable work history
- Diesel generator troubleshooting experience a plus
Who We Are
Foley Industries and its subsidiaries Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central have proudly served and represented Caterpillar for nearly 80 years. Committed to customer success across Kansas and Western Missouri, Foley strives every day to deliver excellence across the full range of equipment and power generation sales, rental, service, and technology solutions. With 1,000 employees in 15 cities, we are dedicated to being Your First Choice. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching, insurance benefits
- Holiday, PTO, Parental Leave
- Company laptop for troubleshooting and ordering parts
- Tool reimbursement program
- Work boot reimbursement
- Uniforms and cleaning services
- Clearly defined path of progression for technical advancement
- Family owned company where you’re more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance in completing the application, call 316-529-5810 or email email@example.com.