Working Hours/Days7:00 am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday, (weekends as needed)
Provides leadership and overall management of the shop to ensure productive operations, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Assist customers and technicians on repairs and define the scope of work to ensure expectations are met.
- Demonstrate strong customer communication skills as well as the ability to manage and motivate a large, diverse workforce.
- Develop long range plans and budgets for growing the service business.
- Oversee technician productivity and performance including conducting annual reviews, administering disciplinary action as necessary, promoting safety in the workplace and helping to lead technical and professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years verifiable mechanical repair experience and or comparable service knowledge on forklifts.
- Knowledge of safety requirements and protocols.
- Must have the ability to express ideas and influence others in a positive manner to accomplish long term goals.
- Ability to write professional business communication by email or letter is required.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and customer service skills are needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and willing to work Saturdays when needed
- Computer literate, PC experience with programs such as Microsoft, Excel, Word, and Outlook is required.
- May be required to drive to other locations.
- Must be able to lift 75-100lbs
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works in an office environment and in a shop environment. May, on a continuous basis, sit at a desk for a long period of time; answer telephone calls and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. May on a continuous basis be on shop floor supporting service operations. Noise level in the shop environment is usually moderate, and the noise level in the office environment is usually low. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional local travel may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.