Responsibilities’ will include managing parts and service operations facility. The candidate will need to be able to demonstrate strong communication skills as well as the ability to manage and motivate a large, diverse workforce. This position is responsible for the financial and operating performance of the store along with driving parts/service revenue in the store’s trading area. Success in the position will be measured by various performance metrics.
- Provides excellent management oversight and direction of the Parts and Service operations of the Construction Division’s store and trading area.
- Manages and engages the workforce to provide exceptional customer service and satisfaction in all aspects of our business through a high level of team morale and job satisfaction.
- Maintains the facility, equipment and resources in a high state of cleanliness and repair.
- Familiarizes and directs responsible compliance with OSHA, MSHA, EPA, DOT, State and Federal law regarding business, environmental, health, safety and human resource rules and regulations.
- Develops an effective working relationship with customers, Caterpillar representatives, peers, employees and affiliated union representatives.
- Applicant must have in-depth knowledge of earthmoving equipment business operations, preferably Caterpillar, and can demonstrate the ability to successfully manage and direct a diverse workforce.
- Applicant should have held a previous position with direct responsibility for hiring, employee relations and bottom line profitability
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school or equivalent experience required
- Excellent computer and organizational skills.
- Willingness to travel to trade shows, training sessions and customer events
- Willingness to work seasonal hours and overtime to accommodate customer needs
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works primarily in an office environment. May, on a continuous basis, sit at a desk for a long period of time; answer telephone calls and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 50lbs. May be required to wear appropriate safety equipment (IE- Safety glasses or side shields) when needed. The noise level in the office environment is usually moderate to low. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional travel is required, 30% of travel is needed. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.