Provides various support activities for the Industrial Sales Department, including, but not limited to ordering and inventorying lift trucks and miscellaneous attachments, prepares customer invoices for billing, customer sales coordination, accounting functions, purchasing, and various administrative office activities including phone coverage for the department.
- Orders lift trucks and various miscellaneous attachments for customers and stock.
- Checks accuracy of salesperson's worksheets, factory acknowledgements, and miscellaneous order requests.
- Prepares weekly updates of available equipment inventory lists and maintains proper inventory levels.
- Enters equipment orders on Gregory Poole system and maintains equipment database.
- Contacts other dealers and factory coordinators to procure equipment.
- Coordinates with service managers at all branches for the preparation of equipment to insure timely delivery to customers and to verify accuracy of work orders.
- Verifies and approves vendor invoices for accuracy.
- Requests credits from factory.
- Reviews documentation on all sales prior to invoicing customers to insure correctness of invoices, credits, and that all required information is submitted.
- Issues purchase orders.
- Maintain cost on Machines and attachments
C. SALES COORDINATION
- Work closely with salesperson to insure accuracy of orders and keep them informed of status of their orders.
- Maintain communication with customers as to the status of their orders.
- Contact other dealers for the procurement of equipment, share ideas, and form a dealer "network" to buy and trade equipment.
- Orders items in SMO Catalog
- Maintain inventory lists for salesperson on equipment availability.
- Receives Wanter Reports and forwards all Wanters to appropriate salesperson & sales manager
- Receives Hyster-Yale reports monthly-Transfer to L: drive and advises sales manager.
E. MISCELLANEOUS ASSIGNMENTS
- Perform various office functions such as mail distribution, copying, faxing, issuing purchase orders
- Maintains and orders literature.
- PBX backup on an as needed basis.
Work is mainly determined by salesperson's activities and at discretion of sales manager and sales administration supervisor. Some sales department procedures are in place which determine workload and priority.
REVIEW AND APPROVAL
Work is reviewed by sales administration manager.
A. Within Company
- Parts Department - order pats for lift trucks.
- Service Department - discuss modifications to be performed on equipment prior to delivery.
- Credit Department - Request information on a customer's account and provide information to them as needed.
- Accounting Department - Discuss any accounts payable concerns or questions, check requests, code and process vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Upper Management - Maintain professional relationship.
- Warranty - Insure delivery reports are completed properly and returned in a timely manner; extended warranty forms are completed and submitted for coverage.
- Salesperson and Other Sales Department Employees - Maintain close working relationships.
B. Outside Company
- Sales representatives
- Factory personnel
Four year degree in Business or related field with 6 months specific work experience OR two year degree in Business or related field with 2 years specific experience OR high school diploma with 4 years specific work experience.
Above specifically related work experience should include experience with inventory control/ordering, customer service, accounting practices, sales commissions and computer data processing/administration.
Requires familiarity with Microsoft Office including proficiency with Excel and working knowledge of Word. Prefer exposure to a mainframe environment.
Must be able to handle many duties at once, communicate with and relate to people on all levels, solve problems and maintain good customer relationships.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and handle stress and high pressure daily.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS
No supervision of others.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.