To promote and profitably sell after market services including, but not limited to parts, repair services, planned maintenance, total maintenance and repair, and on-site maintenance to all Industrial Division product users through planned customer contact within an assigned territory.
1. Increase dealer parts and service sales volume by aggressively soliciting orders from customers and prospective customers.
2. Maintain adequate contact with existing customers while aggressively seeking new customers.
3. Submit accurate service repair estimate requests and parts orders to management for pricing; present quotes to customers.
4. Keep management informed of all product support activities occurring within assigned territories; (e.g., Call Reports).
5. Maintain a thorough knowledge of territory truck population, sales history, and competitive activities.
6. Generate or assist in the sale of new Total Maintenance and Repairs and Planned Maintenance Agreements.
7. Keep customers informed of product support programs offered by the Industrial Division and its venders.
8. Effectively utilize all available technical and sales training offered by the Industrial Division and its venders.
9. Maintain good customer relations.
10. Address customer complaints in accordance with Company Policy and advise management promptly of any situations beyond your scope of authority.
11. Fully utilize all promotional materials and programs to increase sales.
12. Maintain a professional and proper personal appearance at all times.
13. Properly maintain Company property.
14. Identify and communicate new and used sales leads to the Sales Department. Rent equipment to customers or communicate rental leads to Sales Department as appropriate.
15. Regularly and on time submit an accurate record of business expenses for reimbursement.
High school graduate with a minimum of 5 years technical or sales related background; or college graduate with business or marketing degree.
-Must be able to clearly communicate by telephone and in-person with customers.
-Must be able to present business information on a one-on-one or group basis.
-Must have energy and stamina to work extended daily hours, usually averaging 9 -10.
-Valid state driving license with an acceptable/good driving record.
-Ability to drive daily to various customer locations.
-Must have basic PC exposure skills preferably with MS Outlook and Office products.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties. Any major modification of this job role requires Human Resources approval.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.