Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking Mobile Lube Technicians on 1st and 2nd shift at our Mechanicsville, Virginia facility. These positions are responsible for performing preventive maintenance services on heavy equipment on customer job sites and also in shop as needed. Tasks include basic service work, oil changes, checking fluid levels, replacing fuel filters, changing tires, etc. Seeking candidates with previous Caterpillar or related equipment industry experience, military diesel experience or completion of a diesel school program. Prefer minimum of 2 years' experience in a shop service environment.
- Self-starter with strong mechanical aptitude required; able to perform responsibilities at customer job site with minimal supervision.
- Candidates should possess an excellent driving record, and valid Commercial Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain a CDL.
- Must have the ability to operate a variety of equipment in the field and on customer job-sites.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills required.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co., Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.