Job: Service Technician, Ascendum Machinery, Asheville, NC
Ascendum Machinery, a leading Volvo Construction Equipment dealer, is offering an excellent opportunity for a Heavy Construction Field Technician (Mechanic) who is ready to grow their career with a leading company in the industry. We are looking for an experienced person who is geographically located in the Asheville or Western North Carolina area.
- Maintaining and repairing large heavy construction equipment including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and other systems on a variety of equipment at customer locations.
- Using various methods and tools to diagnose and perform repair work to customer satisfaction.
- Maintaining service and parts documentation on work performed.
- Operating a field service truck according to company requirements and DOT regulations.
-Working safely at all times and following required safety protocols
- Following a required training curriculum for career and professional growth.
- High School Diploma or higher with post high school studies related to a technical curriculum in heavy equipment or diesel mechanics.
- Experience and working knowledge of heavy construction equipment and passing a mechanical comprehension assessment for troubleshooting complex equipment.
- Understanding of safe job practices.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Exhibit teamwork, verbal and written skills.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift a maximum of 75 pounds, ability to stoop, bend, reach, climb and crawl without restrictions and pass a DOT physical exam.
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive wages with career progression
- Medical, dental and vision plans (No waiting period)
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
- Company paid short-term disability
- Voluntary long term disability
- Supplemental life insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible spending account or health savings account
- 401K retirement savings with a generous match
- Paid time off for vacation, holidays or sick leave
- Tool allowance, shoe allowance and company provided uniforms
- Relocation Assistance (depending on location)