This position will be a trusted partner to the CEO, and will be a leader in the Executive Office and will actively engage with CTE’s Senior Leadership Team. The individual will be responsible for ensuring the execution of special CEO-initiated projects while also maintaining a curiosity for “improve always” across the Company and within the C-Suite. The individual will help lead projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact to the organization. The role will be engaged in key assignments with both long and short-term business implications, may lead or participate in cross-functional teams, and contribute to the overall strategic priorities.
KEY TRAITS TO SUCCESS
- Confident but humble; willing to “roll up sleeves” to help get the job done
- Demonstration of curiosity and quick study to learn the business
- Highly resourceful; strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, strong analytical skills
- Discrete, agile-minded, strategic, a direct communicator, highly organized and committed to the vision and values of CTE
- Willingness to work hard and take direction- but also creatively solve problems for which answers aren’t always obvious and where those solutions challenge status quo or best practice.
- Tact, diplomacy and consistent persistence are essential qualities
- Positive energy while being adaptable to changing priorities
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, confidentiality, and trust
- Highly detail oriented with the fortitude to support a highly engaged CEO who is also highly detailed.
- Demonstrated Financial acumen, Business acumen and a strong analytical mind.
The position reports directly to the CEO with consistent exposure and engagement with CTE Directors, VP and SVP levels.
Planning and Execution
- Help organize annual strategy planning offsites for the senior leadership team and leadership council to develop strategic initiatives and/or projects
- Ensure Executive team’s needs are conveyed to the CEO for
- Apprise the CEO of project status and variations from schedule or scope
- Work with Executive staff (Senior Leadership Team and Leadership Council) to align their actions and communications in support of agreed upon goals and that focus is maintained
- Work closely with all staff to ensure the CEO’s needs are conveyed and that progress is being made in a timely way
- Work directly with the Project Management Office to ensure they create an executive summary (budget, timeline, high level comments on status) for all top-tier projects to present to the CEO in a pre-determined cadence
- Ensure project rationale is in sync with corporate strategic direction
- Scope, plan and execute multiple, often quick-turnaround projects with minimal outside assistance
- Present ideas for special projects that might facilitate the CEO’s/leadership’s objectives
- Work with appropriate stakeholders, including outside parties, to undertake analysis and present findings to CEO, Executive staff, or Board, as appropriate
- Perform research and financial analysis
- If necessary, oversee transfer of projects to other stakeholders within the organization
Performance Analysis & Optimization
- Engage in root cause analysis—often without prompting from the CEO or others—on issues and opportunities impacting CTE’s executive agenda
- Confirm hypotheses through tactful and discrete engagement with the relevant parties
- Develop alternative approaches to addressing the problem or opportunity, including a recommended solution.
- Succinctly update the CEO on issues, supported with facts and recommendations
- Engage in coalition building in support of mitigation approaches
Communications and engagement initiatives
- Document the agenda, meeting minutes, and action items for the CTE board of advisor’s meetings and senior leadership team meetings
- Work with the CEO to determine upcoming needs outlining, drafting, and/or researching in support of meetings and events
- Coordinate with others who might be involved; communication must be clear, concise, and compelling
- Prepare follow up correspondence for internal / external meetings, as directed by the CEO conducting fact checking in support of all communications
- Present timely work-in-progress updates to the CEO on the status of the communication materials
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Four Year degree required; Master’s Degree highly preferred.
- Experience working within a corporate strategy team
- Consultant background preferred and/or corporate development experience
- Continuous Improvement experience required. Lean or Six Sigma certification is desirable.
- Ability to interpret and analyze complex data and exercise initiative, sound judgment, problem-solving and decision-making.
- Stellar communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain positive and effective working relationships across the organization.
- Ability to travel as needed.