Working Hours/Days7:00am to 4:00pm, Monday- Friday with the potential for overtime as needed
Perform maintenance, electronic diagnosis, and repairs to Caterpillar truck engines and Caterpillar vocational trucks, along with O.E.M chassis components.
- Operate A/C recovery machine.
- Repair air brake operations & ABS systems, wheel end components: seals, bearings, and brakes.
- Repair drive train, clutch, transmissions, and differentials.
- Complete engine overhauls: in frame and out of frame (Class 7 & Class 8 vehicles).
- Communicate with customer and supervisor.
- Complete the proper documentation and data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Technical school graduate or equivalent experience required (experience will be considered).
- Knowledge of CATERPILLAR truck engines, engine electronics, air brakes, (ABS) systems, air conditioning and drive train components required.
- Ability to follow all safety rules and wear proper safety equipment.
- CDL preferred but not required.
- Must be a self-starter with good time management, planning, organization skills, and commitment to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and customer service skills are needed.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and willing to work overtime when needed
- Able to lift 75lbs.
- Computer literate with previous experience with programs such as Microsoft, Excel, and Outlook are required.
- Previous experience with Caterpillar programs preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works the majority of the time in a heavy equipment shop. May on a continuous basis walk, bend, twist, and lift up to 75lbs. At times you may be required to move/operate trucks to figure out what maintenance needs to be performed. The noise level in the shop environment is usually moderate to high. This position also spends a portion of time in an office environment. May, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Must be flexible to work overtime as needed. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.