Working Hours/DaysWorking Hours/Days: 8:00AM – 4:30pm, Tuesday - Thursday.
Responsible for basic facilty maintenance and support.
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing and equipment repair or replacement.
- Performs general building maintenance and grounds duties, including snow removal and salting.
- Performs routine plumbing repairs.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs, repairing ballast and light fixtures, installing electric outlets.
- When completing these tasks, you may be required to work at heights, on ladder and/or man lift.
- Purchase supplies, equipment and materials necessary to complete projects.
- Coordinate with vendors to facilitate repairs.
- Assembles and moves furniture, hanging pictures and bulletin boards.
- Some painting of interior walls.
- Wearing the proper PPE when performing tasks.
- May perform other related duties as requested and/or assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required and one year building maintenance experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of trades related to building maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of a variety of building maintenance procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of buildings.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards
- Skills in using hand and power tools.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have PC experience with MS Excel, Word, and general computer literacy.
- Multi-tasking with good communication, planning & organizational skills are needed
- Must be able to take the initiative and work under limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal) are required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works in an office environment, outside and in the warehouse/shop area. May on a continuous basis sit for a long period of time, stand, walk or bend and lift up to 50 lbs. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.