Working Hours/Days8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday – Friday; Possible overtime depending on business needs.
The Desktop Support Specialist will report to the Network Administrator and will be performing desktop support duties (answering help desk tickets, resolving user issues, etc.). In addition, they will be providing tier 1 onsite and remote support to all levels of the Altorfer organization.
- Assist Helpdesk staff with diagnosing and resolving computer problems and requests from users in a timely manner.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, and tablets
- Work with programs such as Windows 10.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 - 3 Years Desktop Support Experience (Local and remote users)
- Certifications are a Plus (A+, MCP, MCDST,CCNA)
- Microsoft Active Directory experience and user account management
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office application software and Windows operating systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience with creating and deploying desktop images and the setup of new computers
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage a constantly changing workload
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, including solid presentation skills
- Experience with Windows 10 is required
- Proven leadership and customer service skills
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work with others
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Some local travel will be required
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver's license needed (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position will primarily works in an office environment, there will be times when you are required to go out into the service and warehouse area to work on computers. May, on a continuous basis, sit at desk for a long period of time; intermittently answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Must be able to walk, bend, lift up to 50 lbs. and wear appropriate safety equipment (IE- Safety glasses or side shields). The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets