The Director of Salesforce COE leads the ongoing strategy, support and continuous improvement of Salesforce and ServiceMax solutions across the enterprise. The Manager will be accountable for providing guidance and leadership to enforce defined standard governance practices around Salesforce and ServiceMax enhancements, incident/problem management processes and change control processes. He/she will act on CTE’s behalf in proactively handling problems and making decisions based on the understanding of critical issues and priorities. The incumbent will build and deliver a strategy that ensures resources, business alignment, support processes, risk and costs are appropriately managed. He/she is also responsible to provide guidance and direction on enterprise Salesforce and ServiceMax architecture and related applications roadmap.
As a senior member of the Business Technology organization, this role interfaces regularly with senior business leaders (including the GM and VPs within the LiftOne division), working closely with heads of sales and operations, as well as vendors and external consultants. The ideal candidate will possess a strong combination of leadership, organizational alignment, communication skills and Salesforce/ServiceMax functional knowledge, and will ensure that all decisions are geared toward positively impacting our company by increasing customer satisfaction, lowering total cost of ownership and generating business value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- (30%) Lead the enterprise Salesforce/ServiceMax COE in support of the strategic vision of CTE. Have overall technical and functional responsibilities for understanding and leading operational aspects of all CTE Salesforce/ServiceMax systems and related custom applications.
- (10%) Manage a team of multi-disciplined technical and functional experts and custom development/APEX resources. Drive business value from technology investments and `provide the management and support for solutions as an integrated team using common processes.
- (10%) Drive accountability by assuring that all requests are balanced against a common resource pool, and prioritized by business value, current commitments and future plans
- (10%) Drive business alignment through collaborative development of strategic plans, business cases, and requirements while involving team expertise early in the Demand Process
- (5%) Optimize resources by focusing team members on high-value add functional and technical services while developing and maintaining a close alignment with business counterparts
- (5%) Manage service vendors for break/fixes (including dispatch, collaborative troubleshooting and problem resolution).
- (5%) Establish, maintain and enforce all operational processes, standards, procedures and practices such as incident/problem management, change control process, minor enhancement process, and major incident processes based on ITIL.
- (5%) Define and implement service levels and ensure effective support tools are in place.
- (5%) Maintain responsibility for understanding and reviewing action plans for planned (including upgrades) and unplanned changes related to the Salesforce and ServiceMax platforms and implement operational reports and checkpoints to identify issues/gaps and risks.
- (5%) Document findings and escalate and/or engage the appropriate resources to take action.
- (5%) Facilitate meetings with technology and business/functional teams, and partners, to obtain feedback on performance and capacity resolutions, workarounds, and enhancements to ensure that performance or capacity issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
- (5%) Partner with the Architecture and BA Committees to identify best practices and methodologies that will help to guide and strengthen go-forward solutions and approaches
This job will supervise a team of 4 or more full time exempt employees as well as contractors providing support for Salesforce, ServiceMax, digital growth and custom development & related functions/platforms.
Education and/or Experience
- Proven experience in a software consulting and/or client-facing product implementation environment (ideally with Salesforce/ServiceMax systems support and implementations).
- Advanced degree in Science or Business
- Ideally, one or more Salesforce certifications
- 8+ years’ experience supporting or deploying business applications (ideally with prior Salesforce/ServiceMax configuring experience and use of JIRA)
- Significant experience in maximizing business value from information technology investments
- Experience using MuleSoft and/or similar integration technologies
- Track record of successful business adoption related to IT systems implementations
- Experience in managing change, job and org structures and influencing senior business leaders
- Experience as a technology people-manager leading highly visible/critical business initiatives
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; interacting with stakeholders at all levels
- Expertise in setting and managing senior executives, peers and team members expectations
- Deep understanding of the impact of change, and the interdependencies impacting the business
- Financial and performance skills to ensure that organization change efforts improve project performance and business benefit realization