Job: Service Supervisor, Fabick Cat, Eau Claire, WI
Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for nearly 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/
* Reviews customer requests for service to ascertain cause for service request, type of malfunction, and customer address.
* Determines staff hours, number of personnel, and parts and equipment required for service call, utilizing knowledge of product, typical malfunctions, and service procedures and practices.
* Prepares schedules for service personnel, assigns personnel to routes or to specific repair and maintenance work according to workers' knowledge, experience, and repair capabilities on specific types of products.
* Arranges for transportation of machines and equipment to customer's location for repairs or from customer's location to shop for repairs that cannot be performed on premises.
* Keeps records of work hours and parts utilized and work performed for each service call.
* Requisitions replacement parts and supplies.
* Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job-skill deficiencies.
* Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance.
* Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
* Investigate accidents and injuries, and prepare reports of findings.
* Compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results.
* Performs any and all duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related business field is preferred, but not required.
* Three to seven years of service experience is required.
* 5 plus years in supervision, preferably supervising technicians.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other business software applications is required.
* The ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality is required.
Special Physical Requirements:
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled