Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for nearly 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/
* Primary responsibility of the lead technician is to fulfill supervisory roles while working as a technician in a service shop. Provide on the spot guidance to fellow technicians with respect to diagnosing medium to heavy truck repair needs, work-related issues and help correct job-skill deficiencies. Determine schedules, sequences and assignments for work activities.
* Patrol and monitor work areas and examine tools and equipment in order to detect unsafe conditions or violations of procedures or safety rules.
* Diagnose medium to heavy truck repair needs and perform designated repairs on customer owned machines as directed. Repairs will be made on all major manufacturer type engines in trucks and other on-highway vehicles.
* Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair. Also includes preventive maintenance and general machine upkeep.
* Detection of faults through the use of diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines, and general machine performance is expected. Occasional operation of equipment in the determination of repair need or repair assessment may occur.
* Disassemble and assemble machine components to manufacturer's specifications though the use of hand tools, pneumatic tools, and any specialized tooling provided by Fabick. Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service. Research repair needs and order parts as needed.
* Load or unload equipment or components from customer owned or common carrier vehicles.
* Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
* Any and all duties as assigned.
* High school education or GED equivalent, Technical, vocational, or trade school education in Medium Heavy Truck is also required.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in diagnosing equipment utilizing laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines, and general machine performance is expected.
* Five plus years experience working with and repairing Medium and Heavy Trucks.
* One to Two years group leadership experience preferred.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair engine, hydraulic and electrical systems along with brakes, clutches, etc.
* Ability to operate in a fast paced environment that requires multi-tasking while maintaining a high level of organization.
* Proficiency with computers and aspects of Microsoft office desired.
* Must demonstrate good problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills -- both oral and written, good work habits, above average math, science, and English skills, the ability to read and interpret machine schematics, self-motivation and a desire to perform at one's highest level.
* MSHA certified, or the ability to be MSHA certified.
* Candidate must be able to attain a CDL as required.
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions. The following may be expected to be encountered: long periods of standing, periodic exposure to seasonal heat and cold, working with oils and greases, noise, shift work as needed - 1st and 2nd, working outside, stooping, bending, squatting, or working in a prone position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled