Sales Representative responsible for serving existing SITECH Midway customers and growing our customer base in and around the Chicagoland area. SITECH Midway is the Trimble Heavy and Highway dealer for Eastern Iowa, Northeast Missouri, Northern and Central Illinois including the Chicago Metropolitan area, and Lake and Porter counties in northwest Indiana.
- Provide Trimble construction products and services to SITECH Midway customers.
- Possess and maintain a firm understanding of the construction market in order to effectively serve SITECH customers.
- Achieve maximum sales and profitability in assigned territory by working with both existing customers and targeting new accounts.
- Meet or exceed market growth goals.
- Prepare sales presentations, reports and sales quotes.
- Provide introductory/delivery training to SITECH Midway customers in-territory.
- Provide basic technical support to SITECH Midway customers in-territory.
- Develop healthy, long-term customer relationships.
- Provide informed recommendations to SITECH Midway customers.
- Travel to trade shows, training sessions as requested.
- Will work safely on construction sites and near/on/in heavy equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience selling, supporting or using Trimble, Topcon, Leica and/or Caterpillar machine control, grade control or site positioning systems (e.g., GPS, total station) is highly desired.
- Familiarity with Trimble construction solutions is preferred.
- Civil/heavy construction experience is desired.
- Previous sales experience preferred but not required.
- Must reside or be willing to relocate to the territory (e.g., Chicago, Northern IL).
- Must develop a comprehensive understanding of Trimble Civil Construction solutions.
- Must recognize customer challenges and present appropriate solutions.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Must be proficient with computer.
- Must always act in a professional and safe manner.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills are required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean driving record
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position will spend a good portion of time traveling to customer jobsites. May work in an office environment, sitting at a desk for a period of time to answer phone calls or use a keyboard to complete documents and communicate through email. May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 75lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be mad to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Altorfer is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.