Working Hours/Days8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday
The primary function of the Project Manager is to coordinate all associated personnel, tasks and materials to ensure the successful delivery and start-up of an associated CAT power generation equipment including generaotr sets, transfer switches, switchgear, UPS, etc. Project Managers are required to manage several projects simultaneously during various stages of completion. Effective time management, strong organizational and communication skills and constant desire to improve are essential for success. Close interaction with Sales team, vendors, engineers and customers is required to fully understand and manage each project in its entirety.
- Project manage EPG projects including preparation of engineering submittals, equipment procurement, construction management, systems installation, equipment start up and quality control.
- Review project documents for compliance with project requirements/specification.
- Provide engineering support to field service technicians and sales personnel as necessary.
- Provide application support to customers and engineers when needed.
- Respond to customer technical inquires.
- Facilitate engine appraisal and installation audits.
- Design and evaluate custom components or systems for unique customer applications.
- Work independently during entire course of the project with minimal supervision.
- Ensure projects stay healthy financially and leave a satisfied customer/end user
- Input data and manage projects in Altorfer Project Management program IMACS.
- Prepare project submittals as required per specs for equipment approval and subsequent release.
- Interface with Caterpillar factory application engineering for technical support.
- Interface with Caterpillar factory personnel for order placement and expediting.
- Generate purchase orders and all other phases of procurement and expediting.
- Facilitate and organize equipment timely delivery to project location.
- Assist installation contractor to ensure proper equipment installation as per CAT standards.
- Coordinate product commissioning between Altorfer and customer and/or contractors.
- Send all test reports to customer and/or contractor and complete all necessary paper work as required for the project including final O&Ms, warranty registration and project closure.
- Additional responsibilities and functions may be needed to meet customer and organizational needs.
B.S. in Engineering (preferred) or equivalent work experience. A minimum of 2 years of experience in the engine and power generation industry or in closely a related technology field. 1 years of direct project/program management experience.
Knowledge of electric generator sets and transfer switches is required
Experience with AutoCAD is strongly preferred.
Basic knowledge of paralleling switchgear, generator set remote fuel system and remote cooling system will be preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position will work in an office environment and jobsite visits. Some walking and lifting up to 25 lbs. of weight may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.