Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking Electric Power Generation (EPG) Technicians on 1st shift at our Manassas, Virginia location. These positions are responsible for performing inspection, preventative maintenance, and service repair work on electric power generation and associated components. Duties include performing PM's, troubleshooting, and repairs of engine and electrical related systems. Inspections, PM's, and Repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls. Seeking candidates with relevant Electrical Power Generation (EPG)/electronics experience; a technical degree or military equipment experience is a plus.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Requires working knowledge of power generation components, electronic controls and fuel systems. Experience with diesel and natural gas engines.
- Able to read technical drawings and schematics.
- Must have an excellent driving record and valid driver's license.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to project a positive professional image with customers.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. These positions require repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.