Fabick Cat is the authorized dealer of Caterpillar equipment, prime and stand-by power systems, parts and service, compact construction, and rental equipment for major portions of Illinois, Missouri, the entire state of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We have been in business for over 100 years and are headquartered in Fenton, Missouri. For more information visit http://www.fabickcat.com/
* Primary responsibility of the technician-lube truck is to perform preventative maintenance general machine upkeep and light repairs on customer owned machines as directed. Repairs are made on all types of construction equipment.
* Detection of faults through the use of diagnostic laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines and general machine performance is expected. Occasional operation of equipment in the determination of repair need or repair assessment may occur.
* Load or unload equipment or components from customer owned or common carrier vehicles.
* Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
* Any and all duties as assigned.
* High school education or GED equivalent is required. Technical, vocational, or trade school education in diesel technology is preferred.
* Two to five years experience in conducting preventative maintenance services and light mechanical repairs on construction equipment, Caterpillar preferred. Experience in diagnosing equipment utilizing laptop computers, gauges, and instruments in all machine systems: electronics, hydraulics, power train, engines, and general machine performance is preferred.
* Ability to troubleshoot and repair engine, hydraulic and electrical systems along with brakes, clutches, etc.
* Ability to operate in a fast paced environment that requires multitasking while maintaining a high level of organization.
* Must demonstrate good problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills -- both oral and written, good work habits, above average math, science, and English skills, the ability to read and interpret machine schematics, self-motivation and a desire to perform at one's highest level.
* Proficiency with computers and aspects of Microsoft office desired.
* MSHA certified, or the ability to be MSHA certified.
* Candidate must either have or be able to obtain a CDL as required.
Special Physical Requirements:
In addition to being able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job an individual must be able to do the following additional activities: lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The following may be expected to be encountered: long periods of standing, periodic exposure to seasonal heat and cold, working with oils and greases, noise, shift work as needed - 1st and 2nd, working outside, stooping, bending, squatting, or working in a prone position. Accommodations will be made if they are reasonable, do not create an undue hardship, and will enable an individual with a disability to safely perform the essential job functions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled