The Power Systems Executive Assistant supports the Division’s businesses and typically manages different and conflicting objectives, projects and/or activities at once. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. The position requires a high level of competency on administrative and clerical support skills, as well as interpersonal and communication skills. A high sense of confidentiality and trust is required due to the sensitive nature of the information and the correspondence for which this position is exposed.
Key Traits to Success
- Discrete, agile-minded, a direct communicator, highly organized and committed to the vision and values of CTE
- Confident but humble; willing to “roll up sleeves” to help get the job done
- Ability to quickly assimilate and integrate with the team, creating opportunities to support the team
- Highly resourceful; strong emotional intelligence, self-motivation, with high level analytical skills
- Willingness to work hard and take direction, but also demonstrate curiosity and quick study to learn the business
- Tact, diplomacy and consistent persistence are essential qualities
- Positive energy while being adaptable to changing priorities
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, confidentiality, and trust
- High sense of urgency and reliability
- Communication – Written and Verbal – High Degree of Tact
- Extreme attention to detail
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Integrate with the executive and leadership team to quickly assimilate and take over responsibilities from prior EA.
- Seek opportunities to create value for the leadership team and reduce the administrative burden as appropriate.
- Responsible for calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of meetings.
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing communications on behalf of the executive and managers as needed.
- Assist executive and management team with preparation of presentation materials.
- Review, compile, and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare documents and outgoing mail as necessary (writing and editing skills required).
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Arrange travel schedule and reservations for management as needed, including coordination of company airplane.
- Effectively partners with other Executive Admins on shared or common processes and projects
- Expense report preparation, submission, and follow-up throughout approval stages for multiple managers.
- Create Purchase Orders and goods receipts to pay invoices, charging to appropriate cost centers and GL codes.
- Responsible for sending recurring email reminders and reports to team and managing several due dates.
- Record meeting minutes as needed.
- Coordinate with external vendors to secure offsite meeting spaces, activities, and/or catering on a regular basis.
- Order office supplies, business cards, branded apparel, and signage for the Power Systems team at multiple branches, as requested.
- Maintain product literature stock and work with marketing department to stock more as needed.
- Coordinate and/or assist with employee and customer meetings and events (examples - trade shows, open houses, cookouts).
- Serve on Company committees as requested (examples – CTE Kickoff, Employee Appreciation)
- Lead and facilitate meetings
- Perform related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree from two-year College or university; minimum of two years’ executive level support; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Notary preferred