About the Company:
Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNH Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
Sonsray Fleet Services division is currently seeking an experienced and professional Service Manager for our Thermo King dealership in Fontana, CA.
The Service Manager will be responsible for managing service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment through; optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction, growing profitable service labor sales, exercising disciplined expense control, attracting and retaining outstanding talent and effectively engaging department personnel with P&L responsibilities.
- Develops and follows an annual service budget to provide realistic, attainable and measurable profit goals compatible with overall dealership financial and operational goals to meet KPI’s and business plan.
- Manage technician efficiency and productivity and service departments overall performance.
- Develops, maintains, and adheres to a priority system for scheduling all service work, both customer and internal.
- Ensures that all manufacturer warranty claims are completed and filed in a timely manner according to manufacturer’s requirements.
- Monitors warranty expense and recovery rates to meet company objectives.
- Interact directly with manufacture to resolve warranty issues as necessary.
- Maintains all management reports necessary to audit the performance of department and individual employees to include department P&L responsibilities.
- Schedules and assigns job and work areas to employees according to their skills and knowledge.
- Ensures that Service Department is equipped with the necessary tools and service equipment is available and maintained in good working order.
- Work with VP on maintaining building and yard facility.
- Coordinates dealership training program and service-related customer clinics.
- Monitor the training and advancement of technicians and office staff per the D2E requirements of Thermo King Corp.
- Responsible for our facility inspections, safety meetings, and coordinating the annual safety inspections.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times, inside and outside the dealership.
- Monitors metrics on a monthly basis to assure achievement of departmental goals.
- Introducing our line of service and product to prospective customers by making cold calls and visits to grow our sales.
- Must have excellent quality of customer service experience to maintain and develop good customer relationships.
- Performs other functions or duties as directed by management in line with the objectives of the dealership.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in management and service department operations or related field.
- Thermo King or Carrier Reefer equipment experience is highly preferred or must have diesel truck or maintenance transportation industry to be considered.
- Experience managing a large repair shop and having external customer fleet experience is necessary.
- Must have experience managing 20+ employees. Responsible for overseeing up to 50 employees.
- Have a history of managing technicians productivity and profitability.
- Must have hands on mechanical experience or have good mechanical aptitude.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to use standard computer software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and internet functions.
- Good human relations and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills - internal and external customers.
- Must have a good sense of urgency and be able to identify issues and find solutions.
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports including Profit & Loss Statement.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Anything above 50 pounds will require assistance of a team member or forklift, etc. as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, and equipment.
Benefit package includes competitive salary, bonus, 401k matching, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Paid vacation, sick, and holidays.