To ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Work requirements may necessitate working after hours, weekends, and holidays to fulfill project requirements. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Field incoming support calls from end users via ticketing system, telephone and e-mail in a courteous and professional manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Triage requests to determine assignment to proper teams.
- Distribute the issue/request to the appropriate team member, after documenting the attempted fixes, if you can’t resolve the issue/request .
- Prioritize and schedule issues/requests.
- Escalate issues/requests (when required) to your supervisor.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process through to final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ’s on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing and repairing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Attend to computer equipment fixes when sent into IT for repair.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Publish knowledge base articles and frequently asked questions for technicians and users.
- Ability to identify possible infrastructure issues and escalate appropriately.
- Help in implementations of security process for Active Directory resources.
- Perform OS version upgrades and patching using available solutions.
- Troubleshoot possible Active Directory issues and provide support for Network and Server Administration teams.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting for Outlook and other proprietary software.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting on workstation, laptop, and other related hardware and peripherals.
- Configure tools for monitoring and use them to proactively resolve issues.
- Assist with roll out of computer equipment – imaging, set-up, and dispatch to locations.
- Participate in projects involving other sub teams including Network, Server, Security, and Telecom etc.
- Participate in One on One meeting with Supervisor, monthly Helpdesk meetings, quarterly Department meetings and annual company Kick-Off meeting.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and/or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive experience with desktop operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including PING, TRACERT, IPCONFIG
- Extensive application support experience MS Office 2010, 2013, and 2016 (this includes Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and OneDrive).
- Extensive experience with desktop and laptop hardware, including Dell.
- Extensive experience supporting mobility, including IOS devices (iPhone and iPad) and air cards
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Microsoft Technical (MCSA and MCSE), A+ certifications strongly desired, or equivalent hands-on experience