Working Hours/Days7:30 am – 4:00 pm and as required Monday – Friday, some Saturday's as needed.
Provide exceptional service to customers by performing maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs to Electric Power Generation and Industrial equipment.
- Provide exceptional service to customers by performing maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs to Electric Power Generation and Industrial equipment.
- This includes paralleling switchgear and electrical controls.
- Inspect and recommend service repair options.
- Communicate between customer and field dispatch.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read electrical schematics, knowledge of proper electrical troubleshooting, and engine experience required.
- Must be a self-starter with good time management, planning, organization, and commitment to detail.
- Knowledge of Electric Power Generation equipment, engines, accessories, switchgear, and controls preferred but not required.
- Computer literacy including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal).
- Must be able to lift 75-100lbs.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a minimum of a D2 Chauffer's license or a CDL and clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works in a field/shop environment primarily at Customer jobsites. May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 75-100lbs. Will be required to wear appropriate safety equipment (IE- Safety glasses or side shields, hearing protection, etc.) for a given situation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional travel may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.