Working Hours/Days8:00am-4:30pm Monday –Friday, weekends and overtime as needed to handle to customer demand.
Position covers the agricultural market in the following North Eastern Illinois counties. Counties included, but not limited to:Lake, McHenry, Kane, Dekalb and Boone.
- Perform in field service and repairs focusing primarily on Terragators, Rogators, Claas Lexion combines, Challenger Tractors and other CAT Ag products.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, electrical and all other systems.
- Focus on establishing and maintaining service-oriented relationships with customers.
- Use computer and parts books to look up certain parts.
- Complete service reports and all other paperwork before and after repairs are made.
- May perform other related duties as requested and/or assigned.
- Successful completion of a formal technical training program preferred or equivalent Ag machinery experience and knowledge required.
- Electrical and hydraulic diagnostic and troubleshooting skills needed
- Basic computer skills are needed, especially with programs such as Microsoft, Excel, Outlook, and CAT Programs.
- Must be able to work independently and provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain quality service by leaving customer's equipment appearance in excellent condition and fix all maintenance issues.
- Excellent communication skills are needed.
- To be successful in this position you must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a self-started and able to adapt to change.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends when needed.
- Must reside centrally within designated territory or willingness to relocation within designated territory.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have a valid driver's license with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate).
Altorfer Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position will spend a good portion of time being outdoors working in agricultural fields, exposed to elements of weather, dust, dirt, different types of vegetation's, causing allergic reactions. May work in an office environment and travel to customer's work sites. May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 75lbs. Must be able to climb/operate machinery and various types of farm equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. May sit at a desk for a period of time to answer phone calls or use a keyboard to complete documents and communicate through email. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be mad to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.