Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking Project Managers at our Elkridge, Maryland location. This position is responsible for providing the technical knowledge and comprehensive management needed to execute Power Systems sales orders. The Project Manager's involvement will span the time from receipt of purchase through customer acceptance, including timely, cost-effective management of multiple projects to meet customer requirements. He/she will organize, schedule, coordinate, communicate and lead others to execute projects. Technical knowledge of diesel engine, electrical power generation, power distribution including engine generator sets, system integration design, assembly, installation, commissioning, operation, repair, paralleling switchgear and transfer switches, fuel systems, exhaust systems, enclosures and ancillary equipment desired. Seeking candidates with 3+ years of industrial/electrical power generation systems equipment project management experience preferred. Other similar industries will be considered. 4-year college degree preferred.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude required.
- Able to procure all required equipment, accessories and services to execute project.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining organized and detailed documentation of all conversations.
- A strong sense of urgency and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Experience in conflict resolution with contractors, consultants, engineers, vendors, utility companies, end-users, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong leadership skills and a commitment to teamwork.
- Able to travel and work hours required for job and customer demand.
- Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.