Working Hours/DaysNormal Working Hours, Monday-Friday, may require after-hours and weekend work.
The primary role of the Major Data Center Account Representative (MDCAR) is to be the single point of contact for Major Data Center Customers. This person is responsible for dealer performance, customer satisfaction, product support coordination, customer support, customer issue resolution, product support sales and pricing. The MDCAR develops and maintains Altorfer Power System's relationship with the Data Center and with Caterpillar. Managing these relationships and seeing that the customers' needs are met and exceeded is the primary focus.
- Manages the overall relationship regarding Altorfer and the customer
- Works with site customer contacts to manage and meet commitments, requirements and expectations
- Informs the customer about new capabilities and developments within Altorfer's organization and proposing ideas and solutions that will benefit the customer
- Analyzes product support sales opportunities with assigned accounts
- Documents and produces product support sales quotations for customers
- Acts as key negotiator on all commercial aspects of assigned accounts
- Responds promptly to phone calls or email requests
- Provides prompt identification and resolution of service delivery issues
- Travels to local sites, national meetings and witness testing
- Resolves customer technical situations by coordinating responses directly with Altorfer Technical Communicators and Caterpillar.
- Sees customer technical issues through and supports resolutions by utilizing available resources.
- Reviews and manages key contract and document review
- Monitors and manages Accounts Payable and Receivable to ensure they are current
- Supports EPG Project Engineers/Managers during delivery and commissioning of new prime product
- Manages Altorfer's service delivery to facilitate customer' stated business requirements and expectations
- Communicates project updates and customer issues with the appropriate groups internally and externally
- Leads the Altorfer resources to support the customer by coordinating with Altorfer product support, Caterpillar and the Customer
- Works in a cooperative manner with team, superiors, customers and vendors
- Supports and promotes Altorfer's Safety Culture
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in this business/industry.
- 5 years of technical sales or service experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on file candidate)
Skills and Competencies:
- Customer focus and excellent customer service skills
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Conflict management and resolution
- Achievement oriented
- Sense of urgency
- Organizational / time management
- Safety knowledge
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Product support operation
- Technical / electrical / mechanical
- Communication – verbal and written
- Financial analysis
- Product knowledge
- Telephone skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Work is normally performed both indoors and outdoors with moderate noise conditions. Limited exposure to all weather conditions is associated with this position. Physical requirements may include speaking, listening, writing, typing, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, sitting for prolonged periods of time, managing stress. Job hazards may include tripping, slipping, falling, jobsite hazards, hand injuries, driving related hazards, equipment movement, overexertion due to stress and fatigue. May be required to wear appropriate safety equipment (IE- Safety glasses or side shields) when needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Noise level in the office environment is usually moderate to low. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed. Occasional travel may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets