Working Hours/DaysMonday - Friday. 40 hours per week.
The Credit & Collections Representative is responsible for creating new customer accounts, the collection of past due invoices, account reconciliation, dispute resolution and responding to general customer service inquiries. This position will work cross-functionally to reduce both delinquency and bad debt expense.
Principal Functions & Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for all aspects of collections to include dispute resolution, processing customer payments and account reconciliation.
- Make outbound collection calls.
- Review and evaluate the credit history of potential new customers.
- Recommend past due accounts to the Credit Manager that may need to be forwarded to an outside vendor for additional collection efforts.
- All other duties that may be assigned by the Department Manager.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in credit and collections required.
- Experience in a high-volume commercial collection environment a plus, preferably in heavy machinery or the construction industry.
- Strong working knowledge of computer and software systems (Microsoft Office).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a high- volume environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
***Please see the following as identifiable physical requirements***
"O" Occasionally (Up to 3 hrs./day) "F" Frequently (3-6 hrs./day) "C" Constantly (6-8 hrs./day)
Up to 25 lbs
Over 50 lbs