Working Hours/Days7:00am to 4:00pm, Monday – Friday, After Hours and Saturdays as needed
- Overall responsibility for Parts budget, PAD, resource allocation and customer satisfaction within the Parts area.
- Supervise and manage the Power Systems Parts department.
- Manage all aspects of order processing and parts handling for customer and service staff orders.
- Customer service, sales, and marketing responsibility.
- Manage logistics of parts delivery and overall warehouse operations.
- Occasional forklift or pickup truck operation.
- Inventory control and other administrative duties.
- Perform counter and warehouse duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 2 years previous parts operations management experience required.
- Knowledge of Parts Department functions with 5 to 10 years experience in Parts Department or equivalent.
- Product knowledge and familiarity with, especially with Caterpillar products, diesel/gas engines, electric power generation equipment, construction equipment, on-highway trucks, and/or other industrial products required.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through coaching.
- Must be a self-starter with good time management, planning, and organizational skills with a commitment to detail.
- Sales – prior experience in sales; negotiating; analytical; and interpersonal skills.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities according to requirements; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Excellent communication skills (written, e-mail, and verbal) are necessary. Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Customer service experience needed. Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicit feedback and improve service. Uphold Company values. Excellent telephone skills required.
- Problem Solving – Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternate solutions.
- Math Ability – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Computer literate, PC experience with Office Outlook, Excel, and knowledge of DBSI preferred.
- Previous forklift and pallet jack experience needed.
- Ability to lift 75-100lbs, climb ladders and stairs on a daily basis.
- College or technical degree preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Valid driver's license is needed with clean driving record. This includes no more than 2 minor violations within the past 3 years and no major violations within the past 5 years (Motor Vehicle Report will be performed on final candidate)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This position works in both a warehouse environment with some outside exposure and office environment. May, on a continuous basis, walk, bend and lift up to 75-100lbs. The wearing of approved safety equipment (i.e. safety glasses with side shields and steel toe footwear) is required. Noise level in the warehouse is usually moderate to high and noise level in the office is low. May intermittently sit at a desk to answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through email. Occasional local travel may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Altorfer is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals- including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.