The EPG Field Technician is primarily responsible for troubleshooting, servicing and repairing power generation related systems, generators, engines, transfer switches, UPS and switchgear systems. You will also handle fuel polishing and load bank testing systems as needed at the customer's worksite to respond to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Perform all levels of repair and preventative maintenance on power generation assemblies, diagnose and troubleshoot problems, make recommendations for repairs and performing all critical repairs and adjustment
- Must be willing to work overtime as required by fluctuating workloads and available for after-hours calls as needed
- Perform required DOT inspections to ensure service truck is in proper, safe working order
- Conduct generator pre-start and start-ups in accordance with the manufacturer checklist
- Use resistive load bank equipment for testing and repair of generators
Our Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of power generator applications and repairs
- Class A or B CDL required or ability to obtain CDL within three months of start date
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments
- Must be able to read and comprehend specifications, service and parts literature, technical bulletins, schematics, line diagrams and other related publications.
What will put you ahead:
- Experience working within the diesel mechanics industry (specifically with power generation equipment)
- Stable work history
- Class A or B CDL
- Ability to foster positive relationships internally and externally
Who We Are
Foley Industries and its subsidiaries Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental and SITECH Central have proudly served and represented Caterpillar for nearly 80 years. Committed to customer success across Kansas and Western Missouri, Foley strives every day to deliver excellence across the full range of equipment and power generation sales, rental, service, and technology solutions. With 1,000 employees in 15 cities, we are dedicated to being Your First Choice. For more information, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay, 401(k) with matching, insurance benefits
- Holiday, PTO, Parental Leave
- Company laptop for troubleshooting and ordering parts
- Tool reimbursement program
- Work boot reimbursement
- Uniforms and cleaning services
- Clearly defined path of progression for technical advancement
- Family owned company where you're more than just another employee
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance in completing the application, call 316-529-5810 or email email@example.com.