PPS Sales Manager plans, manages and executes activities for the PPS Sales leading to the profitable sales of our services including quote generation, client meetings and follow up. The PPS Sales Manager must be able to articulate technology to both business and technical users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs, motivates, develops, and manages the performance of the department’s staff to achieve the overall goals of the division’s market share, profit and business plan. This will include such items as training and development, sales coverage planning, account development, monitoring sales calls and preparing reports, compensation planning, conducting performance evaluations, etc.
- Manage the sales pipeline from quoting to delivery and invoicing and tracking the sales pipeline by salesman against plan/forecast. Maintaining current customers and development of new business.
- Oversees the sales planning process, developing sales strategies and tactics that support short and long-range goals. Assists in the development of marketing plans.
- Works with leadership to establish market share and revenue projections along with pricing structures.
- Advise on and approve of quotes created by the sales team to potential customers. Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs including developing customer quotes.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the annual business and marketing plans for the department.
- Maintains records of sales activities, forecasts market trends, lost sales, and competitor information.
- Develops ongoing sales training process to address sales skills, time management, client management, territory management, product knowledge, competitive knowledge, etc.
- Coordinate with corporate accounting and FP&A personnel to ensure inventory control, sales records, and audit paperwork is complete and correct.
- Monitors services in our industry and customer industries to ensure that we maintain a competitive position in product offerings as well as customer needs and requirements.
- Ensure that sales database contains correct and accurate data on opportunities and accounts.
- Conduct weekly sales meetings to share relevant industry information, selling techniques, coordination, and company updates.
- Conduct one on one sales updates with salesmen to ensure that sales pipeline information is accurate and updated.
- Direct and oversee that sales activities in support of the service and parts business plan.
- Travels through the sales territory as necessary.
This job requires the direct supervision of the PPS inside and outside sales staff.
Education and/or Experience
- BS Electrical Engineering preferred
- 4-7 years of relevant industrial sales experience
- Understanding of NETA Electrical Testing and Maintenance
- Must have experience preparing quotes for customers
- Must have experience reading electrical drawings and project specifications
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in sales and knowledge of Electrical Distribution Equipment. Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with an expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must be able to meet company requirements for auto insurance coverage
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint),
- Must have good human relations skills and the ability to work with people from all backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with appropriate influence and ability to resolve business issues.
- Must demonstrate leadership skills to recruit, develop, and retain high performing Sales Representatives.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including problem solving, and the ability to understand numbers and financing plans to prepare deals for customers and to develop sales compensation plans.
- Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer, and customer audiences to ensure strategic and tactical alignment with these business partners.
- Must be able to self-manage assignments and stay current on industry trends, changing technology, and regulations affecting the competitive environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate strategic business plans to grow the business for PPS..
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Strong product and service knowledge.
- Must be able to develop and calculate finance solutions for varied customer needs or demands.
- Must have a strong understanding of the general business issues ie: inventory, asset management, ROI, financial statement analysis.
- Communicate the “Value Added” concept to customers at all levels.
- Maintain appropriate accounts records and distribute key issues to upper management.
- Understand assigned account’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
- Must be able to lead others in recognizing opportunities and then developing solutions.
- Must be clear about expectation and continuously enforce them.
- Must align compensation plans with company goals and strategic plans.
- Must be willing to travel and make regular site visits to ensure business opportunities are captured and communicated for key accounts.
- Unquestionable ethics and honesty
- Results oriented
- Passion for customer satisfaction
- Proven leadership skills
- Comfortable working with various personalities
- Strong organizational skills
- Does not procrastinate
- Should be highly competitive and collaborative
- Strong company advocate
- Ability to develop senior level relationships
- Good communications and presentation skills
- Strategic mindset
- Sales abilities, skills, and experience
- Good understanding of the product support business
- Strong business development skills
- Ability to operate successfully with complex customers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Delegates and coaches appropriately direct reports
- Can identify the need for change though proper and constant analysis
- Is comfortable with and willing to make changes that the market or internal situation requires