Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNHi Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewarding their performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow Sonsray Fleet Services is seeking a Reefer Mechanic Foreman to join our dynamic team in Stockton, CA.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of components on truck and trailer refrigeration units.
- Maintaining transport refrigeration unit on trucks and trailers by performing diagnostics using scanners, electronic test equipment, and on-board computers.
- Completing preventive maintenance, component replacement, and service to refrigeration equipment.
- Maintains transport truck and trailer refrigeration units and truck APU’s by reviewing shop orders.
- Repairing failures; removing, replacing, testing for Freon leaks, assembling, and installing parts and components involving soldering, welding and the use of refrigeration equipment.
- Installing various new units on trailers, trucks, vans.
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to utilize computer diagnostic equipment.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by manager.
- Highly prefer 5+ years’ experience repairing Thermo King or Carrier refrigeration units or must have mechanical experience in heavy diesel equipment and electrical diagnostics.
- 3+ years’ basic leadership experience is necessary to be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Anything above 50 pounds will require assistance of a team member or forklift, etc. as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, and equipment.
Benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision plan, life insurance/AD&D coverage, voluntary STD/LTD, 401K matching, and paid vacation, sick, and holiday.