Sonsray Inc. is a privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNH Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance, and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking to hire an experienced Trailer Body Mechanic for our Thermo King dealership in Fontana, CA.
Desired Qualifications for an experienced Trailer Body Mechanic:
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in structural trailer repair.
- Experience in replacing and repairing all trailer body and painting as needed.
- Must be mechanically inclined to use power tools and other body shop tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be able to efficiently remove and replace trailer parts to make the trailer look like new.
- Experience in Collision Repair, Dry and Refrigerated Van, Structure, Roll & Swing Doors, Interiors, Exteriors, Ceilings, and Roof repairs is highly desired.
- Able to perform PM's, BIT, and DOT Inspections.
- Lighting and Electrical System: Diagnose Isolate and repair lighting systems such as shorts and open circuits.
- Must be able to perform to Air Brake Inspections and Repairs: Air Brake Overhauls, measure Brake lining thickness, Drums and S Cams, adjust brakes, replace S Cams and bushings, slack adjusters, and replace relay values, air tanks. Brake Mechanics Certificate a plus.
- Rail Gate Experience: make adjustments to lift gate platform and its controls.
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical problems, replace rail cables and/or cylinders, and replace motors, pumps, and relays.
- Must be able to weld and replace suspension components and landing legs.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Anything above 50 pounds will require the assistance of a team member or forklift, etc. as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, and equipment.
Benefits: Benefit package includes medical, dental, and vision plan, life insurance/AD&D coverage, voluntary STD/LTD, 401K matching, and paid vacation, sick, and holiday.