Sonsray Inc. is privately owned and operated company. From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover, Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNH Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast. Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and rentals that offers a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
As we continue to grow, our Sonsray Fleet Services division is seeking a Trailer Shop Foreman to join our dynamic Thermo King dealership located in Stockton, CA.
Trailer Shop Foreman is a hands-on working foreman role that is responsible to manage and ensure our customer’s equipment meets or exceeds DOT and OSHA specifications. Responsibilities include truck and trailer repairs, diagnosis, preventive maintenance, supervising shop trailer mechanics, and enforcing company policies and procedures. Must have proven basic leadership experience to be considered.
- 5+ years’ experience repairing diesel truck and trailer equipment.
- 3+ years’ basic leadership experience is necessary to be considered.
- Welding experience is preferred.
- Lighting and electrical system experience necessary.
- Suspension and alignment knowledge is a requirement.
- Able to perform PM’s, BIT and DOT Inspections.
- Have the ability to handle major diesel truck and trailer repairs.
- Brake Certification is a plus.
- Must have basic computer skills and be able to utilize computer diagnostic equipment.
- Have great organization skills and a highly motivated individual is necessary.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Possess a valid CA Driver’s license and maintain a good driving record is necessary.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair of components on diesel truck/trailer equipment.
- Maintain equipment by performing diagnostics using scanners, electronic test equipment, and on-board computers.
- Complete preventive maintenance, component replacement, and service truck and trailer equipment.
- Scheduling jobs, completing accurate estimates and communicating with customers.
- Diagnose and repair lighting and electrical system such as shorts and open circuits, replace rail cables and/or cylinders, and replace motors, pumps and relays.
- Air brake inspections and repairs to include: Air brake overhauls, measure brake lining thickness, drums and S Cams and bushings, slack adjusters, replace relay values and air tanks.
- Rail gate experience to include adjusting lift gate platform and controls.
- Weld and replace suspension components and landing legs.
- Collision repair on dry and refrigerated van, structure, roll & swing doors, interiors, exteriors, ceilings, and roof repairs is a plus.
- Maintain company standards for Safety compliance.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by manager.
- Experience the personal challenge of working for a world class organization and leader in the Refrigeration Transport industry. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. This position is in a stable industry that is not experiencing wide economic swings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Anything above 50 pounds will require assistance of a team member or forklift, etc. as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, and equipment.
We offer excellent benefits package which includes: 401(K) matching, life Insurance, PPO/HMO medical, dental, and vision plan. Paid vacation, sick, and holiday.