The successful Branch Manager is the site leader at the branch and is directly responsible for all operations including parts, service, and rental for assigned branch or territory by performing duties through subordinates. This person will have the responsibility of increasing the profitability of the branch by driving sales delivery and service activities and making personal visits to job sites and customers.
LiftOne invests in our employee’s through on-going training and development to enhance skills and performance. Excellence in this challenging and rewarding position could create advancement into other leadership roles in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Duties may vary based on branch size; other duties may be assigned.
- Drive the site level lean management system including daily performance huddles, Gemba walks, root cause problem solving, and adherence to leader standard work
- Monitor safety, quality, delivery, and cost metrics to drive customer satisfaction and site profitability
- Develop and implement process and organizational improvements, engaging central continuous improvement and system support resources where appropriate
- Develop and grow the business through the management of parts, service and rental to achieve targeted sales and profit margins
- Administer all company safety policies and training according to established procedures along with ensuring conformance to company policies and best practice
- Recruit, interview and select employees, establishing training and providing career development
- Conduct performance appraisals, training and development activities for subordinates (e.g. promotions, salary increases, terminations, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Confer with customers to evaluate and maintain good customer relations by servicing accounts in a timely manner, resolving complaints and communicating with customers, OEM partners, and other vendors.
- Conduct quarterly stewardship meetings with top accounts
- Review receivables and work with after-market sales in developing sales territory to meet growth targets
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; in addition to two - four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven leadership experience with a strong track record of results
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Experience with material handling or other service-oriented industries preferred
- Experience with lean operating systems and continuous improvement preferred
- Computer Skills: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Desire and ability to learn and utilize auxiliary systems such as Salesforce, SAP and ServiceMax.