The Sales Rep must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for calling on potential new customers and established customers to develop a base from which you can find new business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a detailed sales lead database with opportunities, dates of prospective close, won/lost information and sales potential figures
- Responsible for representing PPS services to customers and developing extensive knowledge about the services or products you are selling.
- Your duties may include collecting payments or you may be required to turn in any signed paperwork related to equipment sales, deliveries, or rental agreements
- Must have the ability to close sales in a timely manner in conjunction with sales goals and budgetary requirements of your customers
- Must be able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Responsible for conveying customer requirements to PPS team
- Must be able to travel throughout sales territory as necessary
- Must be able to construct and execute effective sales and customer plans
- Must be able to manage and grow customer relationships
Required Skills, Education and/or Experience
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred
- 4-7+ years relevant experience in technical sales role
- Previous sales rep experience in the NETA or similar industry preferred
- Understanding of NETA Electrical Testing and Maintenance
- Must have experience preparing quotes for customers
- Must have experience in reading electrical drawings and project specifications
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in sales and knowledge of Electrical Distribution Equipment
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with an expanding customer base. Must have strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Computer Skills: Strong MS Office skills required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Technical and Other Skills:
- Must have good human relations skills and the ability to work with people from all backgrounds and cultures, internally and externally, with appropriate influence and ability to resolve business issues.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including problem solving, and the ability to understand numbers and financing plans to prepare deals for customers.
- Must communicate effectively across product, industry, dealer, and customer audiences to ensure strategic and tactical alignment with these business partners.
- Must be able to self-manage assignments and stay current on industry trends, changing technology, and regulations affecting the competitive environment.
- Must be able to develop and communicate strategic business plans to grow the business for PPS.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Strong product and service knowledge.
- Must be able to develop and calculate finance solutions for varied customer needs or demands.
- Must have a strong understanding of the general business issues ie: inventory, asset management, ROI, financial statement analysis.
- Commitment Skills:
- Communicate the “Value Added” concept to customers at all levels.
- Maintain appropriate accounts records and distribute key issues to upper management.
- Understand assigned account’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
- Must be able to lead others in recognizing opportunities and then developing solutions.
- Must be clear about expectation and continuously enforce them.
- Must align compensation plans with company goals and strategic plans.
- Must be willing to travel and make regular site visits to ensure business opportunities are captured and communicated for key accounts.
- Unquestionable ethics and honesty
- Results oriented
- Passion for customer satisfaction
- Proven leadership skills
- Comfortable working with various personalities
- Strong organizational skills
- Does not procrastinate
- Should be highly competitive and collaborative
- Strong company advocate
- Ability to develop senior level relationships
- Good communications and presentation skills
- Strategic mindset
- Sales abilities, skills, and experience
- Good understanding of the product support business
- Strong business development skills
- Ability to operate successfully with complex customers
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Delegates and coaches appropriately direct reports
- Can identify the need for change though proper and constant analysis
- Is comfortable with and willing to make changes that the market or internal situation requires