Carolina CAT Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Rental Sales Rep to be based in Charlotte, NC, Asheville, NC, or Greensboro, NC. The Rental Sales Rep is expected to have extensive consultative sales experience in power generation and air compressor rentals, primarily. Temperature control knowledge is a plus. This position requires knowledge of application design, sizing and installation requirements. Applicant also needs to have an accurate understanding of the target customers, their needs and issues. A positive and energetic approach is needed to assure success in meeting both the client expectations and those of the Power Systems Team. Reporting to the Rental Manager, duties and responsibilities of the position includes direct rental sales of Caterpillar Generators, Air Compressors, plus additional Allied Products and accessories.
The Power Systems Rental Representative is the field contact for customers. Candidates will have the responsibilities of managing job sites, courting new customers, servicing customer accounts, conducting office and job-site calls and securing industrial accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Candidate will interface with customer base while building strong and lasting relationships.
- Qualify customer rental potential and determine rental needs, plus maintain customer lists and data.
- Prepare rental quotations, oversee order entry and project manage major rental projects.
- Coordinate with Service Department on rental startups, testing and equipment operation.
- Have market awareness with respect to competition, new technical advances and pricing for comparable products and services.
- Position requires travel and occasional overnight trips.
Education and/or Experience
- Qualified candidate has a background in the rental industry with diesel power generation and/or compressed air rental business with a minimum of 2+ years of experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Four-year college degree preferred, either technical or business degree.
- Requires excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license
Charlotte, NC, Asheville, NC, or Greensboro, NC