Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is seeking a General Construction Sales Representative for our Annapolis Junction, MD location. This position is responsible for selling all assigned Caterpillar and Allied products within an assigned territory based in the southern MD / northern VA area. Duties include assisting customers with equipment recommendations, assuring all equipment deliveries meet the conditions of the sales agreement and monitoring customer satisfaction with products. Seeking outgoing, career-minded candidates with previous sales experience and knowledge of the equipment industry and applications preferred. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field preferred.
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build strong internal and external relationships.
- Product knowledge and the ability to effectively negotiate and close deals.
- Able to develop and execute action plan to produce sales results.
- Able to work under pressure, quickly evaluate facts, and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
- Must have a clean driving record, and the ability to tow and operate equipment for demonstration purposes.
- Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
- Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits, and effectively prospect potential new customers.
- Willing to travel and work hours required by the job.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability to lift and carry items up to 20 pounds. This position requires the ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time, with frequent walking. Repeated stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.